Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health Guest Lecture On Wednesday, November 1, 2023, V-BID Center director, A. Mark Fendrick, will present to the students of University of Michigan School of Public Health HMP 610: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health. Dr. Fendrick's lecture presentation and associated resources are available below. Presentation Slides Value-Based Cancer Screening Low-Value Care Initiative Medicare Advantage Braidwood v Becerra
Economics of Health Management and Policy Guest Lecture On Wednesday, November 1, 2023, V-BID Center director, A. Mark Fendrick, presented to the students of University of Michigan School of Public Health HMP 660: Economics of Health Management and Policy.. Dr. Fendrick's lecture presentation and associated resources are available below. Presentation Slides Value-Based Cancer Screening Low-Value Care Initiative Medicare Advantage Braidwood v Becerra
- CMS Medicare Advantage V-BID Model Phase II Progress Report
- Value-Based Insurance Design in Connecticut and Minnesota
- IVI Releases Report on Centering Equity in Value-Based Care
- Strategies to Advance Women’s Health Equity
- 2024 V-BID Summit Save-the-Date [...]
- How To Make Sure The Inflation Reduction Act Works For All Patients
- Inflation Reduction Act Addresses Out-of-Pocket Drug Costs
- Approved, but Not Covered: Insurance Coverage is Essential to Health Equity
- Preventive Services and ACA Protections: An Opportunity for Health Equity
- California Lawmakers Consider Plan to Cap Naloxone Cost at $10 [...]
- V-BID Center Infographic: Clinical and Equity Implications of Braidwood v. Becerra
- Limited Upside for Employers to Resume Cost-Sharing on Preventive Services
- Diverse Group of HCOs Support Government’s Effort to Reverse Braidwood v. Becerra
- Patients May Miss Out on Free Coverage of Cancer Screenings and Vaccinations
- Better Care Associated with Medicaid Expansion [...]
On Friday, July 28, 2023, V-BID Center director, A. Mark Fendrick, presented to the IHPI National Clinical Scholars Program (NCSP).
V-BID Center Update: Chronic Disease Flexible Coverage Act Approved by Ways and Means, Updates on Braidwood and V-BID X
- R. 3800: Chronic Disease Flexible Coverage Act
- EBRI Report: Implications of Braidwood v. Becerra
- Preventive Services Still in Place after Court Agreement
- Are We Any Closer to V-BID X?
- Health Insurers Play a Key Role in Health Equity
- Nebraska Limits Insulin Costs [...]
On Thursday, June 15, 2023, the V-BID Center director, Dr. A. Mark Fendrick, spoke at the American Academy of Actuaries Health Equity Workshop Series.
Press Release: Chronic Disease Flexible Coverage Act Approved by U.S. House Ways and Means Committee
The Chronic Disease Flexible Coverage Act (H.R. 3800), was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives and approved by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee by a vote of 34-6.
On Tuesday, June 6, 2023, V-BID Center Director Dr. Mark Fendrick served as a panelist during the Braidwood v. Becerra webinar, jointly hosted by United States of Care and Community Catalyst.
- Brief: Clinical and Equity Implications of Braidwood v. Becerra
- Use of ACA Preventive Care Potentially Affected by Braidwood v. Becerra
-Braidwood v. Becerra Webinar
-Preventive Care Coverage at a Crossroads
-2% of Adults Reported Not Taking Medication as Prescribed Due to Cost
Clinical and Equity Implications of Braidwood v. Becerra AFFORDABLE CARE ACT PREVENTIVE SERVICES PROVISION Preventive services can help people avoid acute illness, identify and treat chronic conditions, prevent cancer or lead to earlier detection, and improve health (1). These services enable individuals to maximize their health, and often mitigate the need for more serious and expensive medical interventions in the future (2). The preventive services provision of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires non-grandfathered private health insurance plans to provide coverage for certain preventive services without co-payments, coinsurance, or deductibles (1). This policy was intended to enhance healthcare access, reduce disparities in the use of preventive services and improve health outcomes for millions of Americans. The preventive services provision requires nearly all private health plans to provide first-dollar coverage for specific preventive services, including: Items and services receiving an “A” or “B” rating from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force [...]
On Tuesday, May 23, the V-BID Center director, Dr. A. Mark Fendrick, spoke at the Washington Health Benefit Exchange Board Policy Committee.
- Patient Groups Support Court of Appeals Decision to Stay Braidwood v. Becerra Ruling
- Court Decision Could Lead to More than 22 Million Women Losing Access to Mammogram Screenings
- Most Employers Intend to Keep Preventive Services Even after Texas ACA Ruling
- AHCJ Webinar Recording Available: Covering the Lawsuit That Could Limit Free Preventive Care
- Upcoming Event: Braidwood v. Becerra Webinar [...]
On Wednesday, May 24, V-BID Center director, A. Mark Fendrick, presented at the Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health annual conference.